The old houses of Juban are one of the the heritage attractions of Sorsogon Province that are located in the town of Juban, Sorsogon City. The town is famous for its old houses that are established during the Spanish period.
The houses are composed of wood and stone that showcase the old-Spanish design. The pre-Spanish windows and designs are also featured on each of the houses.
It is nice to know that even if the world is now in the information age where all things become high tech and modern, there is an area where old-structure houses maintained throughout the years. It preserves the town's culture and heritage. Although some of the houses have been renovated due to natural calamities and old age, there are people who choose to keep the original structure of their houses.
This is one of the treasures that the country should take care of because several parts of the country have lost the original beauty of the past. This is an ideal place where one could reminisce the past, especially the elderly.
Visitors will surely appreciate the beauty of the town through its old houses. There are jeepneys that pass through the town where you can visit the old houses and take pictures as your souvenir. Travel time from Sorsogon City to the town will take more or less 30 minutes. The old houses are really the interesting places that can be found in Sorsogon City. Aside from the old houses, there are lots of tourist attractions that the province has to offer.
List of accommodations around the city
- Selvinas Hotel & Restaurant - Maharlika Highway, Pangpang, Sorsogon City
- Fernandos Hotel - 3799 Rizal Street Piot, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Ingko Hotel Gabao - Gabao San Roque Bacon, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Mayorga Pensione - Pangpang, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Tentyard Hotel - Pangpang - Blk 33 St. Rafael Subdivision, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Carolina's Hotel - Magsaysay Street Cogon, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Villa Isabel Hotel - Flores Street, Burabod, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Santa Clara Park Hotel - Maharlika Highway Pangpang, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Tentyard Hotel - 105 San Juan East District, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Fritz Homestay - 507 Block 21 Executive Village Tugos, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Ingko Hotel Macabog - Macabog Diversion Road, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
By Land Transport
The province is accessible from Manila and Visayas via the Pan Philippine Highway. Air conditioned buses plying the Manila to Samar and Leyte routes in the Visayas Island across the San Bernardino Strait from Allen/San Isidro to Matnog.
To get around within the province, taxicabs, for-hire cars, air-conditioned buses, jeepneys, and tricycles are readily available at all hours of the day. One can do an exotic city tour on the ubiquitous 2-passenger tricycles.
By Air Transport
From Manila, one can take direct flights to Legazpi City in Albay province. Flying takes only about 50 minutes. From Legazpi, it is only a 45-minute pleasant drive overland to Sorsogon City.
By Sea Transport
Sorsogon is also accessible via the Manila-Cebu; Masbate-Pilar/Bulan route. Luxury ships from Manila to the Port of Cebu. From Cebu another ship can take you on a twelve-hour trip to the Port of Cebu, Masbate and from Masbate, a fast craft can take you on another two-hour ride to the rustic town of Pilar. For-hire motorized bancas are also available.